Patient Financial Counselor
Patient Financial Counselor is responsible for assisting patients with their financial questions and needs. They must provide excellent customer service and help to resolve any issues with the patient’s account that may occur. Individual is responsible for answer phone calls, emails, faxes, and other various office work. This will include explaining insurance processing to patients, providing estimates for services, and collecting payments from responsible individuals. Applicant must display excellent communication and people skills, must be able to demonstrate good computer skills, and understand basic accounting concepts.
· Communicating with Patient or Responsible Individual regarding their statements, financing options, insurance benefits, and estimates.
· Reviewing and approving statements and self-pay accounts for collections
· Collecting, posting, and preparing payments for deposit
· Assist patients with financial assistance applications
· High school diploma or GED
· Bi-Lingual a plus
· Friendly and upbeat personality
· Ability to work under pressure
· Problem-solving skills
· Conflict-resolution skills
· Revenue Cycle Supervisor and Revenue Cycle Director
Must be physically able to sit for extended times, stoop, reach, stretch, and pull. Requires good, verifiable work history with references and team-player attitude. Competitive benefit package includes healthcare and retirement benefits, paid time off and health and daycare flexible spending accounts. Hourly compensation range $14.75 - $16.50 dependent on experience.
You may pick up an application from the hospital front desk or apply online at wrayhospital.org. Applications accepted until position is filled. Contact Dawn Valko, (970) 332-2205. Equal opportunity provider and employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.