Director of Nursing ($10,000 Sign-on Bonus)
Hillcrest Care Center is a non-profit, 45-bed skilled nursing community owned by Wray Community District Hospital providing short-term rehab, long-term care and secured memory care seeking a dependable, organized and dedicated Registered Nurse with great leadership skills to join our team as the Director of Nursing. We are looking for a team-builder, someone who can lead patient-directed care by influence using the Eden Alternative philosophy.
The Director of Nursing role in our community is vital to growing and maintaining trust, generosity and optimism in our environment. Their leadership style and sense of priorities sets the tone for the climate within our home.
We are looking for an individual who embraces a reverence for life and a heart for healing. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Hillcrest Care Center family works together with our elders and their families as well as with our communities to celebrate life every day!
If you seek to use your mind and your heart to improve lives on a daily basis, come join our team. We offer great challenges and a rewarding career with a $10,000 sign-on bonus!
Education, Experience, And Licensure Requirements
- Must be currently licensed/registered in Colorado. Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have two (2) years supervisory experience in a post-acute care or related setting
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc. to adequately plan for patient needs
- Must be able to collect, analyze, and manage data
- Must have expert knowledge in field of practice
- Must serve as the infection preventionist and participate in QA Committee.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must have strong financial business knowledge.
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Hillcrest Care Center & The Tower’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, establish benchmarks, and direct staff
- Must be able to recruit, select, hire, train, evaluate, counsel, and supervise nursing staff
- Must be able to assign appropriate level of CNAs, LPNs and RNs per shift based on approved PPD.
- Must be able to effectively manage and operate within department budget
- Must be able to identify and implement strategies to maintain census and meet/exceed budget goals
- Must be able to direct care provided by nursing staff
- Must be able to provide direct nursing care as necessary
- Must be able to perform functions of a staff nurse as required
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Proud Tradition of Quality Care