Director of Nursing
The Director of Nursing plans, organizes, develops, and directs the overall operation of the Nursing department to ensure the highest degree of quality patient care in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. This position also serves as the infection preventionist.
Education, Experience, And Licensure Requirements
• Must be currently licensed/registered in Colorado. Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
• Must have two (2) years supervisory experience in a post-acute care or related setting
• Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
• Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc. to adequately plan for patient needs
• Must be able to collect, analyze, and manage data
• Must have expert knowledge in field of practice
• Must serve as the infection preventionist and participate in QA Committee.
• Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
• Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
• Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
• Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
• Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
• Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
• Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
• Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Hillcrest Care Center & The Tower’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
• Must be able to plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, establish benchmarks, and direct staff
• Must be able to recruit, select, hire, train, evaluate, counsel, and supervise nursing staff
• Must be able to assign appropriate level of CNAs, LPNs and RNs per shift based on approved PPD.
• Must be able to effectively manage and operate within department budget
• Must be able to identify and implement strategies to maintain census and meet/exceed budget goals
• Must be able to direct care provided by nursing staff
• Must be able to provide direct nursing care as necessary
• Must be able to perform functions of a staff nurse as required
• Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
• Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
• Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
• Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
• Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
• Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.